Businesses operate in a complex world of rules, regulations and contracts.
Companies can face many unique issues that don’t always have simple solutions. Forming a business requires a lot of focus, determination and legal support, and then nurturing that new business so that it becomes a profitable staple of the community is even more challenging. We can help you with your business issues or questions, from starting a business, to making a business run smoother, to terminating a business.
If you are considering forming a new business, have questions regarding your current business, thinking about changing the structure of your current business, or would like to terminate your business, we can help you navigate your way through these processes.
- Formation of a New Entity: The type of entity you choose to do business under has consequences. Those consequences can mean having a low tax rate to having a high tax rate, or it can mean having liability for all actions you take under your company to having limited liability for the actions you take. A new entity can include a sole proprietorship, a general partnership, a limited liability company (LLC), a professional limited liability company (PLLC), a corporation, or a limited partnership.
- Preparation/Review of corporate documents or contracts: We assist you in preparing corporate documents you may need, or reviewing your current corporate structure. We also help you prepare or review contracts for transactions your company will be undertaking.
- Conversion of an Entity: Some entrepreneurs begin working under a sole proprietorship with little to no assets, but with a lot of determination and hard work. After some time passes and the assets grow, the company may be operated best under an LLC or corporation, thereby giving the owners limited liability and tax breaks.
- Representation in the sale or purchase of a business: One needs to very mindful when purchasing a business. Sometimes, you’re not only purchasing the assets or goodwill of the business, but you are also purchasing the liabilities as well. Make sure you know everything you are getting as part of your purchase.
- Dissolution of an Entity: Some people stop doing business and just allow the business to fade away. With this approach, you never know what problems may come to fruition in the future. The correct way to terminate the existence of a company is to follow state law. If that point ever comes where you need to terminate the existence of your company, we can help you navigate through this process.
- Disputes: There will always be disputes in every facet of life. Sometimes these disputes can take a lot of time and money to resolve. Whether your dispute deals with your company versus another company, or a member of your company with another member, we can help or advise you on getting through this with the least amount of inconvenience as possible.
- Withdrawal or Admittance of a New Member: Whether an owner or member is retiring or their interest is being sold or purchased, it is always best to document that transaction with the agreed upon terms. As with any agreement, it is always best to put it in writing to reduce disagreements and liability.
If you are unsure what to do regarding your corporate matters, give us a call. Taking this challenge on without a lawyer can sometimes lead to mistakes which could have been avoided. We currently serve people who live in McAllen, Texas and the surrounding areas of the Rio Grande Valley. We can also help you by way of a phone or email consultation.